Session I: HealthBridge Vietnam Efforts to Combat Overweight and Obesity Among Children
At this forum, representatives from HealthBridge Vietnam will share stories of challenges encountered and achievements made in their efforts to combat overweight and obesity among children in Vietnam. This session time works best for those in Asia, Africa, Middle East and Europe.
Time & Location
Jan 25, 2024, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM GMT+7
About this Forum
HealthBridge Foundation of Canada began working in Vietnam in 1993. HealthBridge Vietnam’s programs have addressed issues related to Tobacco Control and Non Communicable diseases, Gender, Reproductive Maternal and Child Health, Livable Cities and Nutrition & Food Sercurity. Their activities in Vietnam have focused on research for advocacy, innovative approaches to technical assistance, capacity building, creating and strengthening networks and developing resource materials. Through these activities, HealthBridge Vietnam responds to the technical and capacity-building needs of government and local NGOs, providing the resource materials and technique required for their work.
At this Forum Session, HealthBridge Vietnam will share their experiences of efforts to combat overweight and obesity among children in Vietnam. They will share about;
- How the have established joint efforts with other CSOs in advocating for inclusion of polices on the excise tax on Sugar-Sweetened Beverages and Front of Package Labelling in the National Nutrition Strategy for the period from 2021 to 2030 and National Plan of Action on Nutrition
- Their efforts in advocating to the Child Right Working Group to include the issues of overweight and obesity in the NGO’s complimentary Child Rights Connect report.
The Speakers are:
- Nguyen Thi An, Vietnam Country Director, HealthBridge Vietnam
- Trinh To Oanh, Project Manager, HealthBridge Vietnam
- Lai Minh Chau, Project Coordinator, HealthBridge Vietnam
- Nguyen Van Huan, Project Manager, HealthBridge Vietnam
Please register to attend and encourage more women in your circles to join us!
See you there!